Disclaimer: The following material is being kept online for archival purposes.
Although accurate at the time of publication, it is no longer being updated. The page may contain broken links or outdated information, and parts may not function in current web browsers.
Where to? -- in the future
To learn about the...
- Cause of the fine structure of the aurora
- Relationships of the aurora to other phenomena, such as field-aligned currents,
electrojet currents, convection, neutral winds
- Physical mechanisms of the auroral particle acceleration and precipitation process
- Connection of various regions of aurora to outer magnetosphere
- Transfer of energy from solar wind to magnetosphere -- the generator
- Instigation of the magnetosphere to ionosphere energy discharge process
[Back to the main Aurora page]
Web development: Theresa
Last updated: 7/26/00
Above is background material for archival reference only.